DOSE OF COLORS MATTE LIPSTICK BERRY ME + BERRY ME 2

06:42


Yesterday I received these beauties in the post and was super excited to try them out! Perfect reason for a new blog post.

I first heard about these through peoples videos on YouTube (Nicole Guerriero has been known to love these) and I had to get my hands on them but soon came to realise that they weren't as easy to get in the UK as they are in the States. 
You can imagine my excitement when I found out BeautyBay.com have started stocking them.

Beauty Bay sell them for £14.50 which I think is very reasonable especially when you compare it to other liquid lipsticks like Anastasia Beverly Hills which I believe retails at around £24. They have been very popular and have been selling out quite quickly.. last time I checked there are now only 4 shades available on the site which makes me so glad I got Berry Me 2 when I did but I'm sure Beauty Bay wont take long to restock (I'm hoping they wont anyway).




I only purchased 2 colours to start me off, I was only going to get 1 but it was too hard a decision to make. I've been loving berry tones recently so of course these ones caught my eye. They are very similar colours but Berry Me 2 has a brighter pink tone and to me is a little bit more fun.

Now I must admit I am quite new to the liquid lipstick scene I've been more of a Mac lipstick girl until recently and have only tried a few different makes. I have some of the Too Faced Liquid Lipsticks which I do like but find it a little watery and tends to bleed rather easy. 
Dose of Colors formula is more of a mousse texture is glides on so easy and one coat gives plenty coverage (I do prefer 2 though) I found it so easy to control the application of this too.



I loved these lipsticks straight away, the coverage is great, super easy to apply and they dry quickly meaning they don't smudge or bleed. I did worry they would be a little tight or uncomfortable but because of the formula they felt quite light and I hardly noticed them apart from if I was to rub my lips together. There was also very little transfer from both colours which I'm sure if I'd left them a while longer to dry there would have been none. These have quite a sweet  vanilla scent which I really like, a bit like the Mac lipstick scent but sweeter although once on the lips you don't really notice it.

Now one point I will make which may be a negative for some people is that it is rather difficult to remove. I used a wipe to remove the majority of it but this took some work it just didn't want to budge. I then decided it needed my cleansing balm to break it down but even after that I was left with a stain.
This for me is a positive as I would probably wear this if I was going out or needed something to last all day I hate having to constantly re-apply my lipstick all night and I don't think I would need to at all with this (maybe once after a meal but that's all) I will definitely be putting this to the test soon.

So if your looking for a liquid lipstick to try or are on the fence about these I definitely recommend Dose of Color! I'm definitely looking forward to having a look for more colours when I'm in America later in the year and I'm hoping Beauty Bay will stock more colours on their site.

Thanks for Reading
Eilidh x 



You Might Also Like

0 comments