CLINIQUE TAKE THE DAY OFF CLEANSING BALM REVIEW

13:41


I recently decided to purchase some new skin care products and have been very impressed with them so far. If you have read my previous posts you will already be aware that I don't have perfect skin. Over the last month my skin has decided to torture me with spots and dry flaky patches round my eyes... NIGHTMARE!

My spots tend to be around my jawline and a few on my cheeks now and again. I'm sure this means they're probably hormonal but it doesn't make me feel any better about them. So I decided to change things up to try and improve my skin.

I use this product as a first cleanser in the evenings to remove make-up and prepare my skin for my more expensive second cleanser so it can do its job properly.
As I was only looking for a product to remove my make-up I wanted something more affordable but nothing cheap that would strip my skin or make it worse. (I don't use make-up wipes or miceller water on my skin!)

I got this from feelunique.com and it cost me £22  for 125ml this for me is a reasonable price and a little goes a long way. Clinique TTDO is a solid balm all you need to do it take a little out the tub and massage it onto a dry face. The solid balm quickly melts into an almost oily (in the best possible way) smooth consistency gliding easily over the face breaking down even tough eye make-up. Then all that's left to do is rinse off with warm water which I do using a clean face cloth.



I love how luxurious this product feels I am quite happy to massage this into my skin and love seeing all my make-up melt away so easily. This cleanser is unscented which I think is great (no added perfumes that would irritate or dry out my skin) It also rinses off very well, I am not left feeling greasy and there is definitely no tight dry feeling either.

If you have normal skin with no problems and all you need to do is remove make-up and cleanse your skin without trying to target any specific issues then you could probably use this for all your cleansing needs but for me I really just use it to remove my make-up so I can target my acne better with my more expensive cleanser.

I am a huge fan of Caroline Hirons blog and have learned a lot from her. She says there is no point in removing your make-up with an expensive cleanser as you are basically washing your money down the drain. Use something affordable to remove your make-up so that your good cleanser can do it's job without make-up acting as a barrier. 

This product will definitely become a permanent addition to my skincare routine I really do love it and I only wish I had come across it sooner. It is so easy and quick to use and I feel my dry flaky eyes are improving a lot since I have started using this instead of an oily eye make-up remover on a cotton pad. Great for all skin types even the most sensitive. 
I know a lot of people will like a fragrance in their cleanser as it does give more of a luxurious feeling but this cleanser really is far too good to let that be an issue!


Thanks for Reading
Eilidh x

You Might Also Like

0 comments