Too Faced Born This Way Foundation Review

15:30

Ok so I know I am a little late to jump on the bandwagon with talking about this foundation but the truth is I have been trying it over and over again hoping to fall in love with it just like everyone else seems to have done.. I just don't seem to be getting those feelings about it though.


What it claims: Born This Way is an oil-free foundation that masterfully diffuses the line between makeup and skin. For coverage so undetectable, you can't see the makeup and you can't see the imperfections - all that's left is naturally radiant skin that looks like you were Born This Way.

So I guess I could class this as a 'YouTube Made Me Buy It' everyone seemed to be raving about this foundation and I found it a little difficult at first to find people who feel the same as I do. I'm not saying its all bad I just think this foundation doesn't suit my skin type. My skin is dehydrated however I do get a bit of an oily t-zone which is where the biggest problem seems to be.

I'll start from the beginning (I appologise for the lack of pictures of me wearing the foundation but I will try and take them next time I wear it)

If you are like me and live in the UK you are probably already aware that the availability of Too Faced products is a bit limited especially in stores. I purchased mine from Debenhams so I could have a look at the shades but there was no one working at the counter and I'm not an expert so I just took a guess. The first one I purchased was the shade 'Vanilla' I found it was the closest to my skin tone but when applying a full face at home I noticed it a tad too warm for my pale skin but once all my make-up was complete it blended ok. I used the foundation for about a month then gave up on it. I recently decided to give it another go but went and bought the lighter shade 'Ivory' which it turns out is a bit too yellow for me but I thought I could mix the two shades together and it looks ok(ish)
I know over is the US there are a lot more shades so I know there is probably one out there for me but I don't want to just guess online.



This foundation has a lovely light texture and doesn't smell to overpowering. the only word I can use to describe it is almost powdery instead of creamy but it is not drying. This foundation I find quite odd in a good and bad way... I do not like how this looks when I first apply it which if your like me really puts a downer on applying the rest of your make up,  however after about half an hour I look in the mirror and it looks beautiful, natural and glowing! Strange right?
And if it would stay looking like that the rest of the day I would wear this all the time. Unfortunately for me this just isn't the case!

Now like I said before this may just be down to my skin type but I need to put in both the pros and the cons. 
I find this foundation is awful for transferring! If I were to lightly touch my face I can see it coming off on my finger. I use the Too Faced Hangover primer, always set my foundation with powder and have tried different setting sprays too. Nothing seems to help after only a few hours whenever I wear this my skin looks awful! You would think I was wearing the make-up from the night before. 

There is never any left on or around my nose it just disappears and I am usually left very patchy around my mouth and cheeks. I just go from healthy glow to oil slick and the only way to correct it would be to remove all the foundation and re-apply. This foundation is oil free which I thought would mean it would be great for oily skin but from my experience I can't help but think someone with oily skin would have no trace of this foundation left by the end of the day.

This foundation cost me £29 here in the UK which is the typical price for a higher end foundation however unless I can find my perfect shade somewhere and find out the best way to wear it I doubt I will be buying it again.

I am really disappointed this doesn't work for me and must admit I am a bit jealous of those who have no problems with it. I really wanted to love this foundation and wish it would stay looking flawless all day. I will keep trying with different product though.. maybe I'll find a way to make it work.
Too Faced is a brand I love and use a few of their products almost every day so if you haven't looked into it yet I definitely recommend it even if all that involves is you walking up to the make up stand and smelling their Chocolate Bar eye-shadow palette. YUM!

Thanks for Reading
Eilidh x 


You Might Also Like

0 comments