Lush Golden Slumbers Bath Bomb Review

06:03


After Christmas I decided to treat myself to some Lush products and you'll see everything I got above. It's not the biggest haul as I am trying to watch my pennies and a few of the things I wanted were sold out. I will however try and review each of the items when I've used them.

First I would like to say I absolutely love Lush which I know I'm not alone in. They use great ingredients with great benefits. They have definitely changed the bath bomb and made it better. I remember when I was younger using my Mum's bath bombs which were usually plain white, had a slight floral sent, fizzed away to nothing and if you were lucky had a little message inside. 

I ordered my lush products online they were delivered in good time and well packaged. Online you have the chance to buy Lush Kitchen products.

Lush Kitchen as far as I have been able to find out is basically a small kitchen where they make new exclusive products daily the products would be made in batches and once they're gone, they're gone! When you add them to you'r basket there's sometimes a message telling you that kitchen products sell out fast and having them in your basket doesn't guarantee they will still be available when you check out. 

So onto my first bath bomb...

The first one I used was Golden Slumbers which is a Lush Kitchen product and the reason I bought it was for the description. It is described as a 'sleeping potion' and is made with lavender oil, chamomile oil and neroli oil which are ingredients to help you relax and to lift your mood.

I have been having a lot of trouble sleeping at nights recently, I can feel tired all day and as soon as my head hits the pillow I am wide awake struggling to settle down. So deciding to try natural ways to help me sleep this caught my eye.
I usually go for sweet smells and some lavender products are really not for me however Lush seem to do it just right this smelled beautiful. Once in the bath it was still a nice strong smell which may be overpowering for some but I felt the balance was just right. 
Once dropped into the bath it fizzes quite a lot, starts off yellow and turns to deep gold.




It looked amazing! There is a lot of glitter in this bath bomb which I know isn't for everyone but it is a very fine glitter which doesn't stick to the skin too much and is easily rinsed off. The glitter just makes the bath so mesmerising and along with the scent after around 5 mins my eyes were feeling very heavy. I would definitely say this helped me get to sleep and I had one of the best sleeps I've had in a while. I really didn't want to get out of the bath and if the water wasn't getting cooler and I wasn't starting to look like a prune I would of stayed in much longer.






Now I don't really have negatives for this but I do wish it was a permanent product or that I'd bought more than one. They may bring it out again sometime so I will keep and eye out for it and I know they have other products that claim to help you relax like the Twilight bath bomb I have yet to try.

The only other thing I can point out which doesn't bother me but I know some people might not like is the glitter left over the bottom of the bath once I emptied the water out. I have a shower head attached to the taps on my bath so it was really easy to rinse away but I have noticed some people don't really like glitter products.


All in all I really like this bath bomb and I would definitely use it again. For me it done exactly what it claimed and helped me relax and I got a great night sleep and woke up feeling fresh. I did have some glitter on my skin but that really doesn't bother me, who doesn't love a bit of shimmer. 
I'd rate it 8/10 

Thanks for Reading
Eilidh x



You Might Also Like

0 comments