MY CURRENT SKINCARE ROUTINE

05:25


Today I thought I would talk about my current skincare routine as I have to say I do love reading other peoples. 1. Because I'm nosey and 2. It's a great way to get ideas on different products or techniques.

Now I hope you're not expecting an amazing routine with exciting new products... mine is probably pretty basic with brands you've probably heard all about but it's whats been working really well for me. I should maybe point out that I used to suffer from bad acne since I changed to these products earlier in the year.

So starting with the morning...
When I wake up in the morning I try and start my day with a glass of water (something I haven't been doing well the last couple weeks) I know this technically isn't skincare but it is very important for your skin that you stay hydrated!
After I have been lazy around the house in my dressing gown (or blanket.. depends on the mood) I will find some motivation to get ready. 
I have been using Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm for months now and I am in love with it! I fill the sink with warm water, scoop some cleansing balm onto my hands add a little water then massage over my face. It feels so good on my skin it really is just an enjoyable way to cleanse. Once I feel I've massaged enough I will wash it off with the cleansing cloth that comes with the cleanser. I use the muslin side first but not around my eyes then finish with the soft side which I feel is soft enough to use all over the face.
I then use my Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion on a cotton pad all over my face (this contains salicylic acid - good for spots and is quite gentle at the same time)
Once my skin is dry I will apply a little bit of Indeed Hydraluron moisture serum all over my face and neck (helps to boost the job your moisturiser does), pop some Hydraluron Eyesilix around my eyes then finish with my Clinique Moisture Surge.
I would then either apply my make-up or just leave my skin like this... it depends what my plans are for the day.

At night...
So night time routine is pretty much the same so I wont ramble on as much here.
If I've been wearing make-up I will remove my eye make-up with my Garnier Express 2 in 1 eye make-up remover, I wear quite a lot of make-up so I get on better using this before my Emma Hardie.
I then cleanse my skin with my Emma Hardie but this time I do 2 cleanses, 1st one to remove my make-up and a 2nd to make sure my skin is clean. Then just like the morning I use my Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion, Hydraluron, Eyesilix and Moisture Surge.
Once a week I will try and use a face mask if my skin is bad so the one I've been using just now is the Masque Bar Anti-Blemish Mud Mask which I would apply after my cleanser and leave for 15-20 minutes then finish off my routine as normal.
Also if I have any spots that I am trying to get rid of fast I will apply a little bit of Origins Super Spot Remover (this stuff is great at banishing blemishes quickly especially the sore spots I get along my jawline)

I've been following this routine now since about April this year (with a few little changes along the way) and it has been working really well for me. Up until I started using these products I was suffering quite bad with acne. I was using anything I could find that would promise to banish my blemishes without realising these things were probably stripping my skin of everything it needed. 
I then read somewhere that having all these blemishes could be my skins way of telling me that I was doing something wrong and I need to change my routine so I did! I started trying to keep my skin moisturised instead of thinking moisturisers would clog up my pores and make it worse.
My skin looks so much healthier now and even though I get blemishes from time to time they are nowhere near as bad as they were.
You only get one face so it's important to look after it!

Thanks for Reading 
Eilidh x

You Might Also Like

0 comments